Short term opportunity to join our team!
The Peace Museum is undertaking an educational outreach development project to develop new workshops for delivery in the museum and in schools.
A fee of £3,000 is available for developing up to four new themed half day learning workshops suitable for KS2, drawing on artefacts in the extensive collection held by the museum. The successful candidate will design the workshops for delivery by museum staff. A local primary school has undertaken to trial the new workshops.
The work will commence early in May and must be completed by mid June in order to be ready to market to schools in mid July for the autumn term.
You will work in conjunction with the museum’s Learning and Administration Officer to
- Apply an understanding of schools’ current National Curriculum needs
- Identify appropriate topics, artefacts, images and texts from the museum’s collection
- Create the structured teaching plan for each
- Oversee the production of learning materials
- Trial the units
- Train museum staff in delivery
- Give guidance on communication and marketing to schools
If you wish to visit The Peace Museum in advance of considering whether to apply, or to ask for further information, please contact email@example.com .
Application is by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
to be received by 9am Monday 24 April.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 4 May
The application should include your CV, a covering letter outlining what you would bring to this role, and the contact details of two referees (who may be contacted in advance of short listing).
This information is downloadable here.